Saturday, December 29, 2007

29/Dec,2007
I joined 1 Day Mekhong Tour which I applied yesterday at TNK Tour.
They offered same tour with Japanese guide on extra 10 USD. One of my reason to trip abroad is to maintain my English so I didn't apply Japanese one. Of course saving money was also the reason.

What I was surprized was the number of Japanese ppl.

When I walked around the town yesterday, I saw tons of Caucasian ppl and few Asian tourists. But the sidewalk in front of travel agency was full of Japanese waiting for their tour bus.
Hmm, interesting.
I wonder where they were hiding...

The tour was very standard one. Taking us to the river, visiting factory or restaurant which provided local products, and of course souvenir shop.



On this tour, I talked with 1 Korean guy, 2 Japanese gil and 3 Singaporean girls. The girls from Singapore seemed young, early 20s maybe.
First I thought they were Taiwanese because of their appearance and language. I didn't know they spoke both Chinese and English. They were nice & friendly girls. Tried to understand my bad English and to enjoy conversation.

The tour ended around 17:30.It was good time to find something to eat.
Though I got worried about disease from unsanitary water or foods, but I couldn't miss the food of populas. I'm not interested in fancy cuisine. Yes, maybe sometimes. But I feel street food often taste better than fashionable restaurant.

I entered a Pho noodle shop.They didn't speak English, but no problem to order. I just pointed what I wanted to eat. Just watched other local customers and did same things.



What new was they put vegetable on the noodle without cook. Usually in Japan, we boil all ingredients exept condiment like a Negi. It's like a noodle with salad, not bad.

On my way to hotel, I met a Japanese girl who was on the tour bus.She was looking for buddy to drink with her so I hung out wiht her for beer. She said she was a teacher of elementary school.

She started to explain a lot about herself.Why she was here on the Christmas without her boyfriend. Why she loved travelling alone.What made her travelling abroad. It seemed she wanted to excuse about her life.

I don't brame you.I don't know you very much because we only shared 30 min.
I didn't say what I thought.She talked all what she wanted to tell me, and lleft with satisfaction.

I was tired.

Then went to hotel and slept...

Expense
Hotel: 11USD
Water: 6,000VD
Pho: 8,000VD
Coffee: 8,000VD
Beer&food: 50,000VD
(1USD=16,000VD)

Hotel
Red sun hotel
(Breakfast was good. I like Vietnam French bread. So crispy.)

No comments: