Tuesday, May 12, 2009

UTSUWA - 器

As I mentioned before, I bought dishes recently and it was the first time to buy since I started to live by myself.
Until I bought dishes I used dishes and plates which I got as a wedding party gift or I used when I lived in Kyoto for University. However, as I cook I care more and more about how it look like and want more variation of dish. Specially, I wanted rice bowl because I used wooden soup bowl instead.




This rice bowl was made by Mr.Tsuneo Narui which I found at shop named QUICO in Omotesando.
It seemed better to call it Donburi not a rice bowl, but liked its thickness for some reason then bought 2 of them. All products were look same but different in size or shape so I chose most different 2.


Also I bought a bowl for tea ceremony.
I thought it might be impolite to use this for rice as daily meal but it was too nice to give up and I couldn't stop buying.




I use this tea bowl not only for rice but boiled food, fruit yogurt or salad.

These bowls gain my appetite even if I don't cook tasty. ;-P

No comments: